Thursday, May 29, 2008

LA Derby Dolls: Sirens vs. Tough Cookies


For those of you who haven't heard of the Derby Dolls, you should have!

They are LA's women's quad skate roller derby league.  More than sixty women are divided into four teams, and compete against each other with five players on each.  They skate around a banked track, trying to prevent the other teams' "jammer" from scoring (think: hockey meets Harry Potter's Quidditch).

These celebrity-packed games are always a ton of fun, and tickets are less than $25 each.  Click here to attend the next game on Sat. May 31st at 6pm - 1910 W. Temple St.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELL YEAH!!! I will be reffing from the infield. you should come out, it is amazing, exciting, and fun!!!

Ashley Zeldin said...

FTR, I have a friend from h.s. on the Derby Dolls! I first got into derby in February '07 when I went to Love Hurts, put on by the OC Roller Girls. I got on the mailing list, and I even got a Psycho Ex-Girlfriends shirt. I was tempted to sign up for the league, but I can't skate. Oh well.